Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
- Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money
- We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Walmart brings Taiwanese fruits to the mainland
Walmart China and the Taiwan's Pingtung Agricultural Association organized the 2018 Walmart Taiwanese Fruit Festival, which opened on January 12. Authentic Taiwanese fruits are being sold in more than 400 stores in mainland China and through the JD.com online platform. The first batch includes such fruits as carambola, java apples, jujube, guava and atemoya. Customers were impressed by the taste and quality of the fruits and very curious about the atemoyas.
Consumers are enthusiastic
Xu Wenli, general manager of Pingtung Agri-International Transportation Company, said that it used to be a problem for Taiwanese farmers to sell their fruits to mainland China, since the market demands change fast. However, Taiwanese merchants have formed an alliance with Xingyeyuan Group from Dalian. From now on, Xingyeyuan Group is responsible for sales and logistics and the farmers can fully focus on the quality of their products. This cooperation should be very profitable for the both sides.
The 2018 Walmart Taiwanese Fruit Festival open ceremony
Lang Lihong, the general manager of Walmart hypermarket in Beijing, said that the fruits will be delivered to the hypermarkets directly from Pingtung County. The new alliance will reduce the costs of transportation and the time of delivery. This way the finest Taiwanese fruits will be available for the customers at a good price.
Publication date: 1/17/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: