Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Australian grower recognized for efforts in China
- UK importer & Mexican lime producer plan to launch organic Fair-Trade alternative
- “Since 2002, US avocado consumption has grown 250 percent”
- Earlier 2018 Mexican table grape season kick off expected
- The new Spring Sunshine mandarin could be the world's tastiest
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Switzerland: Coop Group increases sales to over CHF 29 billionSales of the Coop Group increased by 3.0% to CHF 29.2 billion. Coop again gained a bigger market share in the retail sector, exceeding the previous year's net sales by 1.4%. Wholesale and production developed very well with an increase of 6.0%.
Net sales in retail amounted to CHF 17.4 billion. The Coop supermarkets increased their customer frequency by a good 5.7% and, at CHF 10.3 billion in net sales, exceeded the previous year's level. The specialized formats increased by 2.8% in net sales to CHF 7.1 billion. In the home electronics area, Coop continued to expand its position as market leader with over CHF 2.0 billion in net sales.
Wholesale / production
In the wholesale / production business, net sales increased by 6.0% to CHF 13.0 billion. The Transgourmet Group generated net sales of CHF 9.1 billion. This enabled Transgourmet to grow by 6.0% and further expand its position as the second largest company in the European pick-up and delivery wholesaler.
The online trade of the Coop Group continues to grow. Net sales amounted to CHF 1.7 billion, representing a growth of 18.8%. In the retail sector, net sales in the online business increased by 19.8% to CHF 675 million. Online supermarket Coop@home recorded a very good growth of 10.5% and generated net sales of CHF 142 million. The online shops in the area of consumer electronics with Microspot, Nettoshop, Fust and Interdiscount also continued on their successful course, increasing by 22.8% to CHF 422 million. In wholesale, net sales in the online business grew by 18.2% to CHF 1.0 billion.
The own-label sustainability brands and quality labels in the retail sector continued to develop very positively in 2017 as well. Sustainability revenue grew by 5.6% to over CHF 3.7 billion.
[1 Swiss Franc = 0,86 euros]
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: