Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
- "New melon programmes from Honduras are a nice addition"
- World Vegetable Map 2018: More than just a local affair
- Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
- An Australian first, blood oranges processed for Sicilian customers
- Mexico: Avocados from Jalisco will enter the US, regardless of what happens to the NAFTA
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Switzerland: Coop Group increases sales to over CHF 29 billionSales of the Coop Group increased by 3.0% to CHF 29.2 billion. Coop again gained a bigger market share in the retail sector, exceeding the previous year's net sales by 1.4%. Wholesale and production developed very well with an increase of 6.0%.
Net sales in retail amounted to CHF 17.4 billion. The Coop supermarkets increased their customer frequency by a good 5.7% and, at CHF 10.3 billion in net sales, exceeded the previous year's level. The specialized formats increased by 2.8% in net sales to CHF 7.1 billion. In the home electronics area, Coop continued to expand its position as market leader with over CHF 2.0 billion in net sales.
Wholesale / production
In the wholesale / production business, net sales increased by 6.0% to CHF 13.0 billion. The Transgourmet Group generated net sales of CHF 9.1 billion. This enabled Transgourmet to grow by 6.0% and further expand its position as the second largest company in the European pick-up and delivery wholesaler.
The online trade of the Coop Group continues to grow. Net sales amounted to CHF 1.7 billion, representing a growth of 18.8%. In the retail sector, net sales in the online business increased by 19.8% to CHF 675 million. Online supermarket Coop@home recorded a very good growth of 10.5% and generated net sales of CHF 142 million. The online shops in the area of consumer electronics with Microspot, Nettoshop, Fust and Interdiscount also continued on their successful course, increasing by 22.8% to CHF 422 million. In wholesale, net sales in the online business grew by 18.2% to CHF 1.0 billion.
The own-label sustainability brands and quality labels in the retail sector continued to develop very positively in 2017 as well. Sustainability revenue grew by 5.6% to over CHF 3.7 billion.
[1 Swiss Franc = 0,86 euros]
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: