- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Ukraine: Using Bitcoin to pay for carrots and tomatoes in Kiev market
- Excellent year for Solarelli Abate pears
- Plan 2020: King Courgette guarantees that 100% of the energy used in its facilities is green
- 7-Eleven: 1st location at Texas Motor Speedway
- “Expansion in Spanish bell pepper and aubergine, loose tomatoes suffer”
US East Coast winter storm puts temporary stop on sweet potato exports
The port of Norfolk is confirmed to be closed today January 4th until they release another update later today with regards to Friday.
The equipment in the above mentioned ports are simply not used to uncommon harsh winter conditions such as today’s. Therefore, it is better to close those ports and avoid the unknown possible stress the equipment might suffer.
In eastern North Carolina, heavy snow fall is uncommon. That means the infrastructure isn’t used to dealing with these conditions and people are simply not used to driving in what they consider extreme winter weather. Officials äre on the side of caution and close government operations such as schools or offices to avoid weather related accidents. Independent companies tend to follow as concerns for the employees safety and childcare options impact work participation." explains Steven Ceccarelli from Farm Fresh Produce.
This winter storm couldn’t have occurred at a worse time since this week was already short due to the New Year’s Day holiday on Monday. "This will impact our packing and loading capabilities to and from the port. Trucking companies will not be able to collect or return any containers back to terminals since they are closed until Saturday at the very earliest."
In either case, the current road conditions are hazardous. "Regardless of the ports being temporarily closed, we have planned ahead to get the most achieved out of this week and most of our clients will remain unaffected."
"We, at Farm Fresh Produce, find it important that our customers can expect solutions well before the problem even arises," stated Steven. "Hence the quote “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” ― Benjamin Franklin."
"During these extreme circumstances, our loyal customers have peace of mind knowing that we have backup supply stored in the Netherlands, ready for distribution at a moments notice. Our backup stock is not meant for the everyday spot market or the opportunistic sale but simply to support our loyal customers with product when most needed."
"Our initiative to being the first GlobalG.A.P. GRASP fully compliant and certified entity in the United States has led most of the industry in that direction, which I believe to be a great thing."
"I can only hope the same trend occurs with regards to our sustainability goals this year, as we are approximately one month away from delivery of our solar project," concludes Steven Ceccarelli.
For more information:
Farm Fresh Produce Inc.
Tel: +1 910 920 9871
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/12/2018 Ethylene company to showcase its ripening products at Fresh Summit
- 10/12/2018 "We do not only want to be a part of the supply chain - we want to be every part."
- 10/12/2018 Spain: Trops' avocado processing plant starts operating
- 10/12/2018 "The fair's schedule will allow us to work and develop our winter programs"
- 10/12/2018 Shengxianchuanqi Complete 300 Million B Round Financing
- 10/12/2018 Flavorful Brands forms partnership with Bejo Seeds
- 10/12/2018 Major brand facelift for Ambrosia apples to be revealed
- 10/12/2018 Terra Exports opens South African Office
- 10/12/2018 "We will supply our American customers with the best Spanish lemons"
- 10/12/2018 Growth for Innovar: "We have gone further"
- 10/12/2018 30th anniversary of South Australia Produce Market
- 10/12/2018 Carrefour joins forces with Too Good to Go
- 10/12/2018 Mahindra Agri Solutions forms joint venture with Sumitomo Corporation
- 10/11/2018 Nonprofit certification and skill-building organization elects new chair and vice-chair
- 10/11/2018 PLS Plantations acquires Dulai Fruits
- 10/11/2018 Russian discounter wants to conquer Germany
- 10/11/2018 Construction at new Amsterdam Perishable Center started
- 10/11/2018 "Customers want year-round supply of Bollo fruit"
- 10/11/2018 China: IDG leads $43M round in fresh produce supermarket Letus Legend
- 10/11/2018 Dole launches partnership with Safeway for new product development