Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
- "New melon programmes from Honduras are a nice addition"
- World Vegetable Map 2018: More than just a local affair
- Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
- An Australian first, blood oranges processed for Sicilian customers
- Mexico: Avocados from Jalisco will enter the US, regardless of what happens to the NAFTA
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China is expecting snow and rain
Beijing, January 2nd, 2018, Xinhua News reports that the central, eastern, and northern parts of China are currently preparing for the first snowfall of the year.
Shaanxi Meteorological Center, located in China's northwest, issued a snowstorm warning on Tuesday morning. Based on the weather forecast, several cities may receive more than 10 cm of snow. From Tuesday to Wednesday, Xi'an received 5 cm of snow.
Xi'an mobilized 1.000 people to prepare the removal of ice and snow. More than 120 snowplows are awaiting orders. Jiangsu province in eastern China will receive snow and rain from Wednesday to Thursday. Farmers are currently taking measures to protect their crop and remove snowfall from greenhouses.
According to the forecast of the provincial meteorological department, nearby Anhui will also receive the largest snowfall of the winter. Several cities may receive as much as 30 cm of snow. Henan in central China will receive two waves of snowfall between Tuesday and Sunday. Several places in the southern part of the Yellow River will suffer from sudden snowstorms.
Temperatures this winter have been relatively high, so snow may turn into water that keeps the soil moist. This helps wheat to resist insect pests, but the snow also impacts traffic, energy supplies, farming facilities, and people's lives. Hubei in central China will also suffer from strong winds, snow, and rain from Tuesday to Saturday.
The meteorological department not only asked people to take appropriate measures in traffic, agriculture, water and electricity, but also to take preventive measures for avalanches in mountainous areas. The National Meteorological Center shows from Tuesday to Thursday rain and snow will sweep over the central and eastern parts of China, several areas in the northern and northwestern parts of China, as well as the banks of the Yellow River, Huai River, and Yangzi River.
It is estimated that snowstorms will occur in Anhui, Henan, Hubei, Jiangsu, Shaanxi, and Shanxi. In some of these places, the overall precipitation will approach or surpass the highest measured precipitation on record.
Source: Xinhua News
Publication date: 1/4/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: