Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: This year's lemon prices start to fall
Anyue is China's lemon village. At present, the surface devoted for growing lemons in this county measures 36,000 hectares. The annual production volume is about 600 tons, which equals 80% of the national lemon production. In recent years, the Anyue lemons have experience uncontrolled fluctuation.
In recent years, following the continuous increase of demand, the price of Anyue lemons rose. In 2013, the price of Anyue lemons reached a peak of an average of between 10 and 20 yuan [1.51 and 3.02 USD] per kilo. However, these circumstances did not last long. Afterwards, as the surface area devoted to growing Anyue lemons increased, and foreign lemons entered the domestic market, prices for Anyue lemons quickly dropped.
The huge fluctuation of lemon prices is closely linked to supply and demand. Apart from foreign lemons entering domestic markets, in recent years Yunnan and Chongqing have started to grow lemons on a large scale. Since domestic lemon varieties are similar, and the difference in appearance and taste is not great, competition has become indistinct.
Source: Sichuan Daily
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: