Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
China: This year's lemon prices start to fall
Anyue is China's lemon village. At present, the surface devoted for growing lemons in this county measures 36,000 hectares. The annual production volume is about 600 tons, which equals 80% of the national lemon production. In recent years, the Anyue lemons have experience uncontrolled fluctuation.
In recent years, following the continuous increase of demand, the price of Anyue lemons rose. In 2013, the price of Anyue lemons reached a peak of an average of between 10 and 20 yuan [1.51 and 3.02 USD] per kilo. However, these circumstances did not last long. Afterwards, as the surface area devoted to growing Anyue lemons increased, and foreign lemons entered the domestic market, prices for Anyue lemons quickly dropped.
The huge fluctuation of lemon prices is closely linked to supply and demand. Apart from foreign lemons entering domestic markets, in recent years Yunnan and Chongqing have started to grow lemons on a large scale. Since domestic lemon varieties are similar, and the difference in appearance and taste is not great, competition has become indistinct.
Source: Sichuan Daily
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: