Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Sichuan orange production will continue to expand for the next few years"
"Meishan, Sichuan, is one of the main orange production areas in China. The production season begins in October every year, and lasts until April the next year. In the past few years, the Meishan orange production has increased annually. This year is no exception. Compared to last year, the production has grown around 15%. As more and more trees are starting to bear fruit, the expectation is that the production will continue to expand for the next few years," states Mr. Huang Wanli, an orange producer and seller in Meishan, Sichuan.
Farmers picking oranges
"There are two main reasons for this growth in production. Firstly, because of their advantageous geographical location, Meishan oranges taste delicious, are juicy, and have a thick skin. Therefore, their sales have been very good, profits have been driven up, and more and more farmers are expanding their production. Furthermore, as a result of years of effort from the government, especially when it comes to professional guidance, farmers now have more effective control of the citrus greening disease, drastically lowering the percentage of spoiled fruit."
"Early ripe Ehime tangerines are now entering the market. As their production grows, the market price will drop. This is mainly because some of their unique qualities, such as their storage ability and strong resistance to cold."
"We have over 3 hectares of orange fields in Meishan, Sichuan. In 2012, the county administration of Danleng County initiated a branding project for products from the entire county. It created a comprehensive organic, agricultural brand called 'Daya', with oranges as its main representative. They have several orange breeds, such as Shiranui, Ehime, Kiyomi and Harumi."
"Through e-commerce platforms and traditional sales channels, our oranges are sold in all large cities in China. Through many years of trial and error, our products are now well developed, from production to sales. In the future, while we are gradually developing the Chinese markets, we are also hoping to open the South East Asian market, so that foreign consumers can also have the opportunity to taste our oranges."
Sichuan Meishan orange producer and seller
Phone: +86 136 8825 5902
Publication date: 12/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: