- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Rewe builds state-of-the-art fulfilment center for online food retailing
In the field of online food retailing, Rewe Lieferservice is the market leader in Germany. "The new FFC 2.0 integrates state-of-the-art shuttle and picking technologies from Knapp AG, the market leader in this field, which have been further developed and ensure a high level of efficiency. In addition, they lighten the work load of our employees," said Christoph Eltze, CEO of Rewe digital. "Previously, employees had to walk 12 to 15 kilometers per shift to pick orders. In the new FFC 2.0 it's the other way round. Now, products come to the order picker simply and conveniently via automated shuttle technology, all the while taking into account the different cooling specifications and are compliant with the exceptional Rewe quality standards.”
The construction of the Food Fulfilment Center 2.0 with a base area of 2.5 football fields is expected to be completed by the end of the year. Total construction time is set to be one year. The gross volume corresponds to around 250 single-family homes. It will offer space for state-of-the-art storage and picking technology as well as sufficient room for office and social areas. In the first quarter of 2018 all the equipment, in particular the installations of the intralogistics, will arrive. The necessary training of the employees will also take place around that time. By summer, all essential tests will be completed and the warehouse will be ready for deliveries in the area around Cologne. After that, this area will be expanded further.
"Fresh food is a matter of trust for our customers. Freshness and quality are crucial for Rewe customers, both online and offline. With online ordering in particular, it is also about service and attractive offers, suitable delivery time frames and efficiency. With the new Food Fulfilment Center 2.0 we are taking an important step as the first movers in Germany. This way we are making sure we can continue to offer our customers an attractive online shopping experience in the future," said Jan Kunath, Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board of the Rewe Group.
Source: Rewe Group
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Aldi announces two-year deal with Carlow-based mushroom growers
- 09/20/2018 JD.com ramps up 7FRESH stores expansion across China
- 09/20/2018 Italy: 2500 tons expected of Dori' kiwis
- 09/20/2018 Plans to rebuild Munich wholesale market hall picks up again
- 09/20/2018 Claas van Os leaving Levarht
- 09/20/2018 "We hope to benefit more people with our knowledge and machinery"
- 09/19/2018 Mooy Logistics sold for 3.96 million euros
- 09/19/2018 Eric Biddiscombe joins Polymer Logistics
- 09/19/2018 Ross Williams receives Southeast Produce Council’s Next Generation Award
- 09/18/2018 Greenyard’s shares rebounding after reopening of Hungarian factory
- 09/18/2018 Midwest distributor names Bob Reich as VP of Sales
- 09/18/2018 Gladstone Land acquires two orchards in California for $6.9 million
- 09/17/2018 Courchesne Larose celebrates 100th birthday in style
- 09/17/2018 Sakata Seed America celebrates Grand Opening of Woodland Innovation Center
- 09/17/2018 Dole Food Co. sold its 168,000 square-foot corporate campus for $50 million
- 09/14/2018 China: Qingdao pear harvest
- 09/14/2018 "China: "Frozen pumpkins processed in large volumes"
- 09/14/2018 United Fresh enhances industry relations team
- 09/14/2018 Is your farm eligible for a grant of up to $500,000?
- 09/14/2018 Sigfrido Fruit inaugurates new facilities and expects to reach 14 M€ in sales