Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Strong business ties in Spain help improve citrus supply
Citrus fruits take up an important place in the European supermarkets produce category. The largest citrus fruit producers in Europe come from the sunny fields in Spain, which is no surprise as the country sees around 300 days of sun per year.
"The distinctive weather conditions give the fruits an exceptional taste and quality," Don Limon told.
Amefruits is Don Limon's main supplier partner for Spanish citrus. Founded in 2004, Amefruits says that they strictly control the product to ensure quality, using on-field controls and certification programs such as the Global G.A.P., IFS and Applus.
"We emphasize and practice good food safety and environmental practices, by using less chemicals and maintain high standard of cleanliness in our production and warehouse facilities."
Roberto Esposito, product manager for citrus at Don Limon, tells that they have established a strong business relationship with Amefruits from Spain.
"Over the last 10 years, this business relationship has grown stronger. This connection provides Don Limon's customers high quality Lemons, Mandarins and Oranges from Alicante almost all year round at reasonable prices and allows us to commit to all the individual needs of the customers under our brand," the release concluded.
For more information:
Tel: +49 (0) 403 095 49926
Mob: +49 (0) 179 761 9097
Publication date: 11/28/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: