- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- US port of Wilmington: Another massive cocaine shipment bust
- South Africa: Citrus export ship to Asia is positive news
- US: Tomatoes and zucchini mixed with women’s clothing
- China: Piles of unsold Thai durians - but prices remain high
- Spain: Acreage devoted to genetic variation of Israeli pomegranate triples in Murcia
Top 5 -last week
- Peru will facilitate imports and exports with the United States
- Sri Lanka rupee hits record low of 166.00 per US dollar
- "Higher autumn prices won't compensate for poor eggplant season"
- US: Forty-four States allowed households to apply online for SNAP benefits in 2016
- France: "Surfaces planted with traditional shallots in decline"
Eamonn Flynn - Keelings Solutions
Software developed by the end user, for the end user
"Back in 2012 one of our customers in the Dutch market was looking at ERP systems so Caroline Keeling, our CEO arranged for them to come over and we let them see how our ERP system worked," explains Eamonn Flynn, Managing director at Keelings Solutions. "They went back and looked around for six months for a good ERP system, then called us back and said that they couldn't find anything as good as what they has seen at Keelings and asked if they could use our system in their company. That was where it all started."
Keelings Solutions has been around for about 5 years, but has changed from being an in-house service to a separate stand-alone organisation within the Keelings Group. They are also present in Asia as well as Europe and have gone from a small team of five to a team of 25.
"If you look at all the ERP systems they are all similar," states Eamonn. "Our system is specific to the fresh produce business and when people are explaining what they need, we understand. Functionality is specific, if you look at Microsoft they developed excel and the majority of people using excel only use about 50% of the functions the rest is wasted. In our software all functions are used by our Customers, it was developed by the end user, for the end user which is the big benefit of what we do. Our ERP software system can be used within all parts of our customer's businesses - purchasing, sales, logistics, cost control up to management information. For companies involved in one or all of the wholesale, retail or food service sectors, our software operates well."
All of the development is done in Ireland, nothing is out-sourced and Keelings Solutions along with its Dutch partner offers all the training and the support that customers need.
"Companies in the fresh produce industry work on very tight margins and they are concerned about how they can get a return from the software," said Eamonn. "We can come in and after a couple of days of an IBR (initial business review), find areas where they can make savings and see a return on their investment. That is key because we are not just a software company we are also in the fresh produce business with experienced people who can help companies become more transparent and efficient, that is the huge benefit that we bring to the game."
For more information:
Tel: +353 1813 5944
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/25/2018 Dole's Standard Fruit celebrates 20-years as environmental player
- 09/25/2018 Staay Food Group's vertical farm build awaiting operating grant
- 09/25/2018 J&J Family of Farms welcomes Clinton Turner
- 09/25/2018 Greenyard has to tighten its belt due to rising debt
- 09/25/2018 Heritage jam back in Australian hands
- 09/25/2018 Del Monte announces joint venture with tomato producer
- 09/25/2018 New agriculture workforce officer to boost jobs in SEQ
- 09/25/2018 France: Cadralbret joins Paysans de Rougeline
- 09/24/2018 Greenyard sells Horticulture segment for 120 Million Euro
- 09/24/2018 Frigga announced new products for 2019 at Asia Fruit Logistica
- 09/24/2018 Sandra Pannekeet to open American JASA branch
- 09/24/2018 Pace International’s ecoFOG receives sustainability recognition
- 09/24/2018 Philippines: Israeli irrigation firm targets Davao region’s farms
- 09/24/2018 Del Monte Foods launch first master brand campaign since 2012
- 09/24/2018 Tomato growers plan 24-hour strike for better wages in New Zealand
- 09/24/2018 JD 7FRESH announces nationwide distribution of new stores
- 09/24/2018 Spain: Hnos. Fernandez Lopez SA acquires the Sociedad Sevimpor Distribuidora de Frutas de Importacion, SL
- 09/24/2018 New Zealand: Zespri reports strong year despite lower volumes
- 09/24/2018 "Increasing the number of Rainforest Alliance Certified products on our shelves"
- 09/21/2018 Aldi announces two-year deal with Carlow-based mushroom growers