Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
- "As soon as I saw the Kiwano melon I thought - this is something special"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Customers are enjoying beautiful Baisha oranges
China: First Baisha blood orange e-commerce festival held
The autonomous Lizu county in Baisha is located in the Midwest of Hainan. It is the core ecological area in Hainan with a nice climate all year round, nurturing high quality agricultural products. In the past two years, Baisha has developed its blood oranges. Not only is their taste better than that of other oranges, but its nutritional value is also higher. This year, Baisha blood oranges entered the market on 16 November, and will stay there until the end of December.
Baisha blood oranges field
Baisha blood oranges
The blood oranges are brightly colored with red flesh, and sweet. Furthermore, their nutritional value is high, because of the many nutrient elements and carotenes. The Baisha blood oranges were first grown in Lianjiang, Guangzhou. After making some improvements, Baisha now produces the sweetest blood oranges, earning the name "Hainan's sweetest oranges".
Baisha blood oranges
Premium packaging of Baisha blood oranges
Promoting this special fruit benefits consumers. The first Baisha blood orange e-commerce festival was held on 16 November. It was organized by the government of the autonomous Lizu county in Baisha, together with the Baisha Science, Technology and Industry Bureau, the Propaganda Department of the Baisha CPC county committee, the Baisha Ministry of Agriculture, the government of Qifang, and the Longjiang farm.
During the festival, many Baisha blood orange contests were held, and the Baisha blood orange harvest was opened. Online agents of agricultural produce all over China came together, and witnessed this historic event.
Hainan Natural Fruit Agriculture Development Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 181 0096 3536
Publication date: 11/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: