- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Update fruit Internal market
Brazil: Orange juice industry may benefit from Florida citrus losses
Marialva, Paraná state, started harvesting their grapes last week at a slow pace. HF Brasil says that due to high temperatures in June the flowering was affected. Therefore, it is expected that more producers will start harvesting in the second half of November. In this first week of harvest, the average value was R$ 4.30/kg. This is 27.6% lower than last year, but 20.4% higher than the first harvest week of 2015.
According to HF Brasil, a high stock of cantaloupes in the European market, part of the harvested volume from last week was sold on the local market. The domestic market price dropped because of this. Moreover, the watermelon export from Teixeira de Freitas (Bahía) was affected last week because of the rainfall in that region. “Even though with lower supply, melon producers reported difficulties in the commercialization.”
According to HF Brasil, Brazil might benefit from the losses of the citrus crop in Florida. The USDA released its second official estimate for the 2017/2018 crop in Flora, which is the largest citrus producers in the US. In this report it’s published that export is expected to be around 50 million boxes, which is almost 30% less than the previous season. HF Brasil says that these numbers show a drop in local production, but some industry players expect even less. Therefore, the demand for Brazilian juice oranges may remain firm. They conclude that from July to October, shipments are 54% more compared to the same period previous season.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Wilmington port welcomes first Moroccan citrus in US of the season
- 2018-11-16 China: Hainan "Qiongzhong green oranges" are ripe and entering the market
- 2018-11-16 Nepal: Orange harvest in eastern Hills up 50 percent
- 2018-11-15 "We are not one of those early starters"
- 2018-11-15 Orange imports increase as domestic juice supply remains squeezed
- 2018-11-15 “New citrus markets hard to find”
- 2018-11-15 Spain: "The delay of Huelva's mandarins causes production overlap"
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Citrus fruits allegedly being sold again at open prices
- 2018-11-15 Sharp increase of Georgian mandarin exports
- 2018-11-14 Spain: Processors start buying oranges at very low prices
- 2018-11-13 Crisis officially over but Greeks hardly notice it
- 2018-11-13 US: Florida orange production down 3 per cent from October forecast
- 2018-11-13 Spain: "Citrus volume from South Africa will start falling sharply soon"
- 2018-11-13 Spain: Quality of Cordoba's citrus will be higher this campaign
- 2018-11-13 Taiwan: Market entry of Taidong Navel orange delayed
- 2018-11-12 How to prevent the appearance of 'creasing' in Navel oranges
- 2018-11-12 "Good harvest of, somewhat smaller, Berkane Clementines"
- 2018-11-12 The Sicilian PGI Red Orange campaign has officially started
- 2018-11-12 China: Green oranges from Qiongzhong enter market in bulk
- 2018-11-12 Devaluation of Turkish lira puts pressure on citrus market