- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Strawberries remain central for Swedish trader
"My uncle started the business years ago in a local market selling strawberries. At one point he started working directly with growers, forging relationships which continue to this day. Nowadays, it is almost impossible to have that kind of direct access to growers and we were lucky that we have a large network that only supply their berries to us, which means that, no matter what else is happening in the market, we always have supply. We have very loyal partners and I think that this is because they know that we always have them in mind when making deals, and we want them to be able to share our success with them," said Ramazan Fidan from SBK.
During the domestic strawberry season, the company trades Swedish strawberries exclusively, and in the off season, Ramazan said that they import their berries from Spain and Belgium.
SBK continues to see growth, starting out with 2 employees, they have now grown to 32 and have warehouses in Gothenburg and Malmo, with their main office located near Stockholm.
Along with strawberries, Ramazan said that their wild mushrooms are another huge domestic product for this time of year.
"We have great supplies of wild mushrooms at this time of year in Sweden, which are in high demand in countries such as Spain, Turkey, France and Belgium, to name a few. Chanterelles and wild black Trumpet mushrooms are the varieties most in demand when it comes to export," shared Ramazan.
Along with domestic fruits and vegetables, SBK has a history of importing exotic fruits and vegetables for customers living in Sweden, originally from Asia or the Middle East.
"In the years that we have been operating, we have noticed that Swedish consumers are starting to experiment with fruits and veg that they wouldn't have known what to do with in the past. We trade kaki fruit and the average Swedish person probably wouldn't know what they were looking at. However, this is changing, which is most apparent in supermarkets like ICA, where we are seeing increasingly more exotics on their shelves. Once a fruit or vegetable is on their shelves, then you know it has truly broken into the main- stream."
For more information:
SBK Sweden AB
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 Romania imports 10 times more fruit and vegetables than it exported
- 10/16/2018 Taiwan to expand trade with Turkey
- 10/16/2018 Argentina has potential to export more fruit, but it must improve quality
- 10/16/2018 Minister Mwanamveka unhappy that Malawi is importing bananas
- 10/16/2018 Food products from Philippines aim for export to Russia
- 10/16/2018 Indonesian Minister of Agriculture Amran opens export market of mangosteen to Taiwan
- 10/16/2018 Syria: Souq al-Hal market starts to thrive again
- 10/15/2018 Wuppertal student develops 'storage ABC' for fruits and vegetables
- 10/15/2018 Pharr, Texas celebrates the start of the 2018-2019 produce season
- 10/15/2018 Deluge continues across south-east Queensland
- 10/12/2018 New US trade agreement just 'tip of the iceberg'
- 10/12/2018 'Germany dominating cucumber market, more so than The Netherlands'
- 10/12/2018 Value of Turkish fruit and veg exports so far this year exceeds 1 billion dollars
- 10/11/2018 US: Most agricultural commodities neutral to profitable
- 10/10/2018 Morocco, Russia willing to set up tripartite partnership with Africa
- 10/10/2018 Putin: Expand presence of Russian agricultural products on international market
- 10/10/2018 Most Nigerians do not meet fruit intake requirements
- 10/09/2018 Traditional shops fade - supermarkets rally
- 10/09/2018 World’s largest vertical farm to be built in South Dubai
- 10/08/2018 Turkey: East Black Sea region fresh fruit and vegetable exports to Russia