Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: The debut of Sanhong pomelos in Ningbo City
With the temperature dropping and winter approaching, the fruits available at the market in Ningbo are also gradually changing. Pomelos, mandarins and winter jujubes are entering their high season of sales. This year, the new variety of Sanhong pomelos are available in Ningbo for the first time and have become popular right away. Most of the pomelos sold in Ningbo are from Zhejiang and Fijian Province, the variety from Guanxi being the most famous. With sales growing recently, the purchase prices for wholesalers have fallen slightly.
Normal pomelos have either pink or white flesh, but the Sanhong variety has a light red outer skin, pink inner skin and bright red flesh. Hence it's named Sanhong (three shades of red) or colorful pomelos. They are sweeter and taste better than normal pink ones.
Publication date: 11/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: