- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Procurement manager-buyer
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Spain is the largest competitor for Ukrainian onion exports
"We actually have more onions this year compared to last, but the hot conditions stressed the onions and could cause storage issues throughout the course of the year, possibly creating a longer gap period around the middle of June next year. Hot weather makes the onions more susceptible to insects and disease down the line, it's not actually an issue for the onions available now, which are perfectly fine," shared Denis Sazonov from Greenteam.
Production estimates for this season are around 10,000 tons, specialising in higher calibre onions, between 80-100+, with Spain remaining their biggest competitor.
"We work with most of the international seed companies and have been testing new hybrids which are 'semi long day' varieties and plan to increase our cultivation area by 20% year on year."
Located in the Kherson region, which has long been seen as the agricultural region in Ukraine, the company is a large producer of onions, carrots and cabbage. In the last couple of years the company has made a number of investments in cooling equipment and storage and has one of the largest irrigation systems in the world, which Denis said helped save a majority of their crops this year from the weather.
For more information:
Tel: +380 (552) 44 89 89
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/22/2018 "Onion market a little calmer this week"
- 10/19/2018 China: Gansu onions damaged by weather
- 10/19/2018 Vidalia onions look to the future with mechanical planting
- 10/19/2018 Louisiana bans sweet potatoes from NC, SC, and FL
- 10/19/2018 Higher shallot production for Indonesia
- 10/19/2018 Lewis Lydon receives 2018 Reg Miller Award
- 10/18/2018 Yield organic of potatoes has not collapsed as much as that of conventional ones
- 10/18/2018 India: Onions likely to cost Rs 45 a kg by Diwali on low crop
- 10/18/2018 Egypt - “We aim to export 5,000 tons of sweet potato next year”
- 10/18/2018 Most of North Carolina's sweet potato crop saved
- 10/18/2018 Onion Market and Crop Update for October 18, 2018
- 10/17/2018 Spain: Potato campaign coming to an end in Castile-Leon
- 10/17/2018 “More potato virus cases suspected”
- 10/17/2018 UK potato farmers feel effects of variable weather
- 10/17/2018 "Very few transactions on the fresh market"
- 10/17/2018 Belgium: Potato yield, size and EPS are the lowest in the last 4 harvests
- 10/16/2018 Test grubbing delivers lower yields than expected
- 10/15/2018 Potato, onion and carrot market in Lower Austria: Stable market situation
- 10/15/2018 “We’ve never been out of potatoes before”
- 10/15/2018 ''Hurricane leads to sweet potato harvest problems in the US''