Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Citrus Net officially begins operations
On October 16, the Zhong County Government and Nxin (Beijing agricultural network technologies) officially launched Citrus Net, a new platform that they created together. According to their business plan, in 5 years Citrus Net should cover the whole country and become the main citrus trading platform in China. It hopes to attract 100,000 citrus industry representatives, build 50 offline branches and increase trade volumes by up to 10 billion yuan.
The Chongqing citrus cultivating area is exemplar. Zhong County has about 23,330 hectares of citrus trees. In 2016, this garden produced 285,300 tons of citrus, worth 2,706 billion yuan. Citrus Net will rely on the Zhong County operation center to develop "data + e-commerce + finance" platforms, create a national citrus data center and a national citrus trading center.
Publication date: 10/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: