Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
“Prognosis for persimmon production very good”
“Trade is currently in a transitional period. It’s the end of the summer season, and we are starting with many new products, such as pomegranate, clementines and persimmon. The market for persimmons is quite regular for the time of year,” says Cédric Geens from W. Jonckheere.
Many people mistake persimmon for kaki, “Persimmon is the firm kaki that doesn’t stick in the mouth and is edible when firm. Kaki is a ripe persimmon, and is also eaten overripe.” Jonckheere offers various brands of persimmon, including Lujo, Cala Fruit, Dalmau and Martinez.
The production of persimmon is increasing in Spain. “The situation there is normal. The weather is ‘healthy’ and prognoses for the persimmon season are looking good. Regarding production, an excellent season is expected. Supply is normal and still has to get started. We’ll have to see what happens when multiple volumes start arriving. Usually, many volumes means pressure on the prices, but it might not be too bad if there’s plenty of demand. We’ll see.”
For more information:
W. Jonckheere SPRL
1000 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 224 261 03
Fax: +32 224 510 79
Publication date: 10/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: