Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: The 12 most competitive agricultural export products
Fresh Fruit Peru has presented the 'Report 2017: The supply of fruits and vegetables from Peru' catalog to the market, which contains statistical information on Peruvian agricultural export products.
The purpose is for international buyers to have a more complete overview of the modern Peruvian agricultural offer, including: who the main producers are, how much they produce, the countries where it is sold, what presentations it offers and what certifications it has.
This first catalog brings together the 12 most competitive products of the local agricultural exports, and was analyzed with official information on exports up to 2016, and direct consultations were carried out with the main Peruvian producing companies.
"This tool will be distributed among the main international buyers, among whom are traders, supermarkets and retailers. The publication will be distributed in the 140 Peruvian embassies with which the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has agreed," said Carlos Trujillo, managing director of Grupo Preciso's, Fresh Fruit Peru.
He also said that more products would enter the catalog and will be updated every three days for eight specific products. "By the end of the first quarter of 2018 we should have the second catalog and we should have information on more fruits and grains. We are going to incorporate pomegranate, passion fruit and some new berries and, on the grain side, we will have quinoa and chia ", he detailed.
He clarified that this first catalog has only 12 products because the exporting companies could not meet the necessary requirements, such as production information and seasonality, among others.
Ambassador Silvia Alfaro Espinosa, Director General of Economic Promotion of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said that there is a network of missions abroad on all continents to promote Peruvian exports.
"We will now have precise information on what Peru produces and who produces it, complying with all the certifications. Our aspiration is that this will promote greater consumption in the Asian market, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand and India. In Europe we still have a lot to develop too, "he said.
Among the products listed in the catalog are: blueberries, avocados, grapes, asparagus, mango, mandarin and tangelo.
Publication date: 9/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: