Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Runners get citrus boost at the 2017 Sanlam Cape Town Marathon
Cape Town, South Africa was the host of the first African IAAF gold status event on 17 September, as thousands of runners, elite and social, from all over the world, participated in the 42.2 km marathon, set against the backdrop of majestic Table Mountain, the azure Atlantic Ocean and the inner city skyline.
Fruitone (Pty), a producer and exporter of South African Citrus, was the sponsor of the event with their Midnights to the Runners, providing an extra burst of energy at the 33 km stage. Assisted by a spirited team of volunteers who cheered and chopped into quarters and sprinkled with salt, offering athletes a refreshing snack on the hot summer day.
Carrol Boyes, internationally renowned Cape Town Artist and Designer of Functional Art, and sister of Fruitone Boyes, was tasked with creating the 2017 Sanlam Cape Town Marathon Winners Trophy. Drawing inspiration from surrounding nature, the design reveals a classic laurel crown of the indigenous “Sourfig”, a symbol of endurance, much like the marathon runners.
For more information:
Tel: +27 21 4248263
Mob: +27 83 5577040
Publication date: 9/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: