Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: 25% increase in sales of dates expected
The consumption of dates in Spain is linked to tradition and the product is increasingly demanded because of the strong influence of other cultures. Sales this year are expected to be higher than in previous years. "This year, we expect to sell 25% more than last year," states Salvador Escutia, of Fruit Capital, who estimates that this could translate into about 15,000 5 kilo boxes.
There are several marketable varieties: the Barhi, which is sold fresh between August and October; and the Hayani, Deglet Nour and Medjool, which can be found dehydrated and whose consumption is most common in the Mediterranean area. In the case of Fruit Capital, these varieties come from Israel, one of the most important countries in the field of date production.
For more information:
FRUIT CAPITAL, S.L.
Tel.: +34 640586410
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: