Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Photo report New York Produce show
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: 25% increase in sales of dates expected
The consumption of dates in Spain is linked to tradition and the product is increasingly demanded because of the strong influence of other cultures. Sales this year are expected to be higher than in previous years. "This year, we expect to sell 25% more than last year," states Salvador Escutia, of Fruit Capital, who estimates that this could translate into about 15,000 5 kilo boxes.
There are several marketable varieties: the Barhi, which is sold fresh between August and October; and the Hayani, Deglet Nour and Medjool, which can be found dehydrated and whose consumption is most common in the Mediterranean area. In the case of Fruit Capital, these varieties come from Israel, one of the most important countries in the field of date production.
For more information:
FRUIT CAPITAL, S.L.
Tel.: +34 640586410
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: