Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
CropLife Asia calls for alternative crop protection for Thai farmers
CropLife Asia has released a statement calling on the Thailand Pesticide Alert Network's (Thai PAN) allow farmers access to new sources of crop protection, Executive Director Dr. Siang Hee Tan told:
"Thailand Farmers are facing enormous challenges. They're being asked to grow more food to feed more people with fewer resources and less impact on the environment. That's a tall order.
"As stakeholders in the food value chain, we have a responsibility to help ensure the farmers in Thailand and the region are empowered and enabled to meet these challenges, produce the crops that feed our region and world, and realize a better life for themselves and their families in the process. That's not a sole responsibility, it's a shared one.
"Last month, Thailand Farmers from all over the nation spoke clearly, strongly and with one voice to ask for more access to crop protection technology - not less. The 21st Century challenges of battling climate change and increased droughts, floods, pests, weeds and disease require 21st Century tools; this includes the responsible use of safe, effective and innovative crop protection technology.
"Ultimately, denying Thailand Farmers access to safe and effective tools in the toolbox does damage to their competitiveness as well as that of the nation's economy.
"CropLife Asia is proud of its long-standing partnership and shared commitment with the Government of Thailand to ensure a sustainable, safe and secure national food supply. We certainly hope our Government partners and all stakeholders will recognize the fictional foundation of Thai PAN's misinformation, consider the science behind the safe and effective crop protection products being reviewed, and put Thailand Farmers first.
"We remain committed to supporting the farmers of Thailand, and look forward to continuing and growing the collective efforts and dialogue among all stakeholders to do just that."
For more information:
Tel: +65 6221 1615
Publication date: 9/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: