Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
- Spanish company growing by 50% per year in the subtropical sector
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
SPAR China appoints new Managing Director
SPAR International, a global food retail chain, has announced that Jerome Chevrier has been appointed as the new Managing Director of SPAR China effective immediately.
Jerome has developed an in-depth knowledge of retail operations and buying in China, having lived and worked in the country for over twenty years. He successfully managed Carrefour’s regional operations in China as well as holding senior roles with B&Q China and Etam Group China.
SPAR, which has over 12,500 stores in 46 countries, has been present in China since the launch of the first supermarket in Shandong Province in November 2004.
In 2016 SPAR China’s sales grew by 6.7% to 14.5 Billion RMB and SPAR China added 43,918m² of selling area, continuing its expansion in a maturing food retail sector. Today, 14% of the total selling area of SPAR worldwide is in China and SPAR China has partners building the brand’s presence in Shandong, Guangdong, Shanxi and Inner Mongolia, Beijing, Sichuan, Henan, Zhangjiakou and Yunnan.
Speaking about the appointment of the new Managing Director of SPAR China, Tobias Wasmuht, Managing Director of SPAR International said: “China’s size, scale and economic power means that it is one of the most fast paced and dynamic retail markets in the world. Having established a significant presence in China since 2004, SPAR still sees a great detail of exciting potential for further expansion in the country. Having formerly held the role of MD of SPAR China, I have no doubt that Jerome has the necessary expertise to grow and consolidate the business further in this market, continuing to bring a fantastic retail experience to our Partners and customers throughout the country.”
SPAR China Chairman, Mr Wang Pei-huan, noted: “The board and I are delighted that Jerome has been appointed to this important role at SPAR China. We believe his exceptional retail credentials, almost two decades’ experience of living and working in China and Jerome’s extensive business network are all real assets to the business.”
Jerome will be based in Shanghai, building relationships between partners, expanding global relationships within the SPAR network and supporting regional buying.
Publication date: 9/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: