Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Greenyard gives first estimate of financial impact of recent recall
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
SPAR China appoints new Managing Director
SPAR International, a global food retail chain, has announced that Jerome Chevrier has been appointed as the new Managing Director of SPAR China effective immediately.
Jerome has developed an in-depth knowledge of retail operations and buying in China, having lived and worked in the country for over twenty years. He successfully managed Carrefour’s regional operations in China as well as holding senior roles with B&Q China and Etam Group China.
SPAR, which has over 12,500 stores in 46 countries, has been present in China since the launch of the first supermarket in Shandong Province in November 2004.
In 2016 SPAR China’s sales grew by 6.7% to 14.5 Billion RMB and SPAR China added 43,918m˛ of selling area, continuing its expansion in a maturing food retail sector. Today, 14% of the total selling area of SPAR worldwide is in China and SPAR China has partners building the brand’s presence in Shandong, Guangdong, Shanxi and Inner Mongolia, Beijing, Sichuan, Henan, Zhangjiakou and Yunnan.
Speaking about the appointment of the new Managing Director of SPAR China, Tobias Wasmuht, Managing Director of SPAR International said: “China’s size, scale and economic power means that it is one of the most fast paced and dynamic retail markets in the world. Having established a significant presence in China since 2004, SPAR still sees a great detail of exciting potential for further expansion in the country. Having formerly held the role of MD of SPAR China, I have no doubt that Jerome has the necessary expertise to grow and consolidate the business further in this market, continuing to bring a fantastic retail experience to our Partners and customers throughout the country.”
SPAR China Chairman, Mr Wang Pei-huan, noted: “The board and I are delighted that Jerome has been appointed to this important role at SPAR China. We believe his exceptional retail credentials, almost two decades’ experience of living and working in China and Jerome’s extensive business network are all real assets to the business.”
Jerome will be based in Shanghai, building relationships between partners, expanding global relationships within the SPAR network and supporting regional buying.
Publication date: 9/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: