Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ataulfo Echezarreta, of Argarden Imports:
Argentina: "We sent an average of 25 containers from May to July to England"
The South American country takes advantage of the months in which Spain and Turkey do not produce to export their lemons to several European countries. "It would not be viable if we did not coordinate with those countries' campaigns and freight would be very expensive," says Ataulfo Echezarreta from Argarden Imports. This English company, with its own production in Argentina, uses its European office as a springboard not only to supply its English customers, but also to fill any possible requests from any of the continent's other countries. In this way, the English market absorbs more than 25 containers of Argentine lemons in about three months.
This season, Argarden Imports has extended the export of lemons, as both Spain and Turkey began later. Although the campaign is not over, "we can say that the average price for our lemons is between 17 and 18 pounds per 15kg. box", Explains Echezarreta. "We are talking about that, on the one hand, freight price can become quite high because the shipping companies charge based on supply and demand; and on the other hand, it is premium quality lemon".
For more information:
Argarden Imports / Jabulissa
Tel.: +44 07527398841
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: