Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
France receives the most at 22.4 million Euro
EU provides 150 million Euro for school fruit
The European Commission has announced the new division of the budget for the school fruit and vegetable programme. For the first time this academic year the EU has joined the programmes for school fruit together with the school milk programme. Both programmes will receive their own budget. In total the EU is making 250 million Euro available, of which 150 million Euro will be spent on fruit and vegetables. The other 100 million is intended for the school milk programme.
With the subsidies, the EU wants to stimulate healthy eating among children. It allows the member states to hand out processed products such as cheese, soup or fruit juice from the subsidised products. The products chosen must meet the health and environmental demands to qualify for the subsidy.
Click to enlarge
Publication date: 9/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: