Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
China has become the sixth largest export market for Mexican avocado
The Mexican Ministry of Agricultural Statistics recently released new data on the period from January to July. According to them, Mexico produced 1.042 million tons of avocados, which constitutes 5.6% more than last year. 84 million tons were produced in Michoacan state, which constitutes 81%, and 72,000 tons in Jalisco state, which constitutes 6.8%. According to the Mexican Ministry of Economy's data, in the first half of this year, Mexico's avocado exports to China amounted to 10.9 million US dollars, which constitutes 0.7% of the market. China is the sixth biggest market for Mexican avocado exports after the United States, Canada, Japan, El Salvador and France.
Publication date: 9/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: