Job offersmore »
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
USA has received an additional 27% of Chilean Navels
The consumption of large volumes of fruit is being boosted with point of sale and social networks promotional activities, among others.
The Chilean citrus harvest began very well this year, with the largest cumulative return in Chile to date. Continuing with that trend, the Chilean Navel harvest has also been strong this season, which ends in October.
"August is the month for great supplies of Chilean Navels. As of August 6, Chile has shipped 94% of all Navel exports to the United States. The volume exported to date is 53,413 tonnes, which represents a 27% increase over the same period last year, "commented Karen Brux, Marketing Director of the Chilean Fresh Fruit Association (CFFA) of North America.
Brux added that a series of promotional actions are being developed to boost the consumption of this amount of volume, such as point of sale taste tests, participating in local fairs, and social networks. In addition to recipe videos that in a minute teach how to prepare delicious dishes based on Chilean citrus. These are published in Fruits from Chile's social networks, and retailer's networks where the programs are being carried out.
Likewise, Karen Brux prepared some Chilean citrus orchards' videos showcasing the Chilean countryside.
Publication date: 9/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: