Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Seatrade selects reefer monitoring company C senceSpecialised reefer carrier Seatrade has selected Dutch start-up C sence to monitor their reefer fleet on board of their six new reefer dedicated container vessels. C sence located in the port of Rotterdam has developed a web-based platform to monitor and analyze reefer containers. The system integrates with third party monitoring devices and booking applications.
On the vessels Seatrade decided to roll out Refcon6 by Emerson Climate Technologies and transmit the data by VSAT satellites. Because of this combination there is no need for the crew on board to monitor the reefer containers manually.
Instead smart software and the operations center of C sence will monitor and analyse all data 24/7. The data is monitored against specific parameters from integrated booking systems, manifests and loading lists.
Seatrade states: “By establishing integrations with our booking systems, we are not only receiving reefer malfunctions. Issues like false temperature settings or not loaded or connected reefers are just as important.”
C sence enables Seatrade to turn around the workflow. In the past the crew noticed an issue and, in complex cases, assistance was needed by reefer specialists on shore. In the new situation C sence will evaluate the issue and will send instructions to the vessel instantly. In doing so the crew has more time to focus on other tasks and the risk of cargo damage will further decrease.
In Q4 this year a large upgrade is scheduled. C sence comments: “The current platform acts when an issue has already occurred. After the upgrade the platform will be able to analyse data and predict whether a reefer will need extra attention. Besides, at the end of the reefer trip, algorithms will determine if an inspection is needed. This will result in an even more optimized operation and further cost reductions”.
Seatrade is planning to outfit six other reefer dedicated container vessels with smart technology as well. Gerben van Zwieten, Global Manager Container Logistics of Seatrade mentions: “We believe in this technology and this is just a start. We need to keep investing in innovation to stay a premium reefer carrier”.
For further information:
Rick van der Vliet - C sence
Publication date: 8/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: