Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
German software company expands into SpainThrough the founding of agilesFood Iberia S.L. and the establishment of a branch in Barcelona, Spain, the German agiles Group has expanded their reach and strengthened their market-oriented strategy.
The company is headed by Christian Sega and Jordi Calavera.
The Spanish Fruit and Vegetable industry, along with the three major wholesale markets in Barcelona, Valencia and Madrid, offers big potential for the agiles Group and further opportunities for the industry solution agilesFood. The founding of agilesFood Iberia S.L. entails closer proximity to the wholesale markets, such as the Mercabana in Barcelona, as well as Spanish producers, customers and prospective customers, enabling higher quality consultation and a deeper understanding of how their needs can be met.
Photo: Christian Sega
A long-time customer of the agiles Group and the first company to benefit from this endeavor is Prats Fruits S.L., who will update their software to agilesFood 2017. agilesFood Iberia S.L. also already has additional on-site projects scheduled in their pipeline.
According to agilesFood Hamburg-based CEO, Christian Sega, “there has been strong demand for software tailored to the needs of the fruit and vegetable trade in the Spanish market,” therefore he is highly satisfied with the successful combination of “a proven industry solution, local proximity and a cultural approach.”
Jordi Calavera, agilesFood Iberia S.L.’s Barcelona-based CEO, is also looking forward to the start-up’s potential and said, “we are certain that, with the quality of the agilesFood software and our experience in the food sector, we will deliver the added value that the sector deserves.”
For more information:
agiles Informationssysteme GmbH
Publication date: 8/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: