Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Sage Fruit and The Produce Mom® publish ‘Smarter Lunchrooms’ eBook
In partnership with Sage Fruit, The Produce Mom is releasing a new eBook titled, “Smarter Lunchrooms.” The eBook provides best practices and simple strategies to encourage students to choose healthier foods in the school cafeteria without taking away any choices. The eBook is available as a free download on The Produce Mom website.
The Smarter Lunchrooms movement was developed by Cornell Center for Behavioral Economics in Child Nutrition Programs (BEN Center) and uses environmental cues to increase student selections of healthy meal options and decrease plate waste. The Smarter Lunchrooms initiative applies research-based principles that lead children to make healthy choices when provided with the full spectrum of choice. It can be implemented in any school for little to no cost.
In addition to best practices and simple strategies, “Smarter Lunchrooms” includes free promotional materials, success stories, statistics, results and testimonials. Also included are nine recipes featuring apples, pears, and cherries that can be used by school cafeterias.
“Sage Fruit is committed to helping children make better lifestyle decisions. In 2010, we implemented the Kids in Force program which educates children on the importance of nutrition and physical activity. The ‘Smarter Lunchrooms’ eBook is another avenue for us to pursue our goal of making healthy food options more accessible to children," explains Kaci Komstadius, Social Media and Marketing Manager for Sage Fruit.
“I’ve had the privilege of working alongside school foodservice professionals and have witnessed firsthand the roadblocks that stop many children from making better food choices. ‘Smarter Lunchrooms’ provides strategies that are proven to increase selection and consumption of fresh produce in school meals. As a mother and advocate for fruit and vegetable consumption, one of my primary missions is to support schools in their efforts to bring healthy nutrition to children,” states Lori Taylor, founder and CEO of The Produce Mom.
To download a free copy of the “Smarter Lunchrooms” eBook, visit http://www.theproducemom.com/ebooks/sage-fruit-smarter-lunchrooms/ebook
Publication date: 5/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: