Job offersmore »
- Management Accountant - Portugal
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Chile exhibited its fruit export offer in London
- TOMRA launches new food sorter user interface to improve work flow
- Maersk Line papaya shipment opens India to new markets
- Matthew Brigotti joins Idaho Potato Commission as Foodservice Promotion Director
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
United Fresh Start Foundation to host 2017 Tip Murphy Legacy Golf Tournament
On Monday, August 28, the United Fresh Start Foundation will once again host the 2017 Tip Murphy Legacy Golf Tournament at the Oasis Golf Club near Cincinnati, Ohio. For the fourth consecutive year, the tournament will benefit the United Fresh Start Foundation’s programs and activities to increase children’s access to fresh fruits and vegetables, including the foundation’s successful school salad bar program.
“We’re looking forward to another successful event, working with the founders of the Tip Murphy Golf Tournament,” said Tom Stenzel, President & CEO, United Fresh Produce Association. “This summertime outing, provides an excellent opportunity to get together with produce friends and colleagues in the Midwest, and to support the great work of the United Fresh Start Foundation and our mission to increase children’s access to fresh produce.”
Proceeds from the previous years’ events have provided salad bars to 16 schools, and have supported school foodservice outreach and salad bar media and promotional activities.
The Tip Murphy Legacy Golf Tournament was developed in 2009 to honor the life and career of Terrence "Tip" Murphy, a 15-year veteran of the produce industry. Tip was Division Vice President of Retail Sales for Ready Pac Foods when he passed unexpectedly in July 2008 at age 48. His career also included 13 years with Chiquita Brands International.
The Oasis Golf Club is Tip’s hometown course and features a championship, links style, par 72, 18-hole golf course designed by Arnold Palmer. Registration is $350/golfer; $1,400/foursome and includes lunch, 18 holes with cart, contest holes, including closet-to-the-pin and longest drive, and an awards reception. Attendees can register as an individual or team.
Publication date: 5/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: