Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Deluge causes millions of dollars in crop damage in Queensland
- Washington now ranks No.1 in America for blueberry production
- Dollar shortage, not promotion of local industry, behind Zimbabwe ban decision
- Indian grape sector in Nashik hit by rainfall
- World record breaking carrot weighs in at 23 pounds
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
United Fresh Start Foundation to host 2017 Tip Murphy Legacy Golf Tournament
On Monday, August 28, the United Fresh Start Foundation will once again host the 2017 Tip Murphy Legacy Golf Tournament at the Oasis Golf Club near Cincinnati, Ohio. For the fourth consecutive year, the tournament will benefit the United Fresh Start Foundation’s programs and activities to increase children’s access to fresh fruits and vegetables, including the foundation’s successful school salad bar program.
“We’re looking forward to another successful event, working with the founders of the Tip Murphy Golf Tournament,” said Tom Stenzel, President & CEO, United Fresh Produce Association. “This summertime outing, provides an excellent opportunity to get together with produce friends and colleagues in the Midwest, and to support the great work of the United Fresh Start Foundation and our mission to increase children’s access to fresh produce.”
Proceeds from the previous years’ events have provided salad bars to 16 schools, and have supported school foodservice outreach and salad bar media and promotional activities.
The Tip Murphy Legacy Golf Tournament was developed in 2009 to honor the life and career of Terrence "Tip" Murphy, a 15-year veteran of the produce industry. Tip was Division Vice President of Retail Sales for Ready Pac Foods when he passed unexpectedly in July 2008 at age 48. His career also included 13 years with Chiquita Brands International.
The Oasis Golf Club is Tip’s hometown course and features a championship, links style, par 72, 18-hole golf course designed by Arnold Palmer. Registration is $350/golfer; $1,400/foursome and includes lunch, 18 holes with cart, contest holes, including closet-to-the-pin and longest drive, and an awards reception. Attendees can register as an individual or team.
Publication date: 5/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: