Job offersmore »
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
- Nutritional difference between red and green apples
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL PINEAPPLE MARKET
- South Africa: perfect storm of climatic conditions caused Navel splitting
- Overview of CPMA awards for industry leaders and new products
- Argentina unable to export fruit to China due to lack of quality and high logistical costs
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
United Fresh Start Foundation to host 2017 Tip Murphy Legacy Golf Tournament
On Monday, August 28, the United Fresh Start Foundation will once again host the 2017 Tip Murphy Legacy Golf Tournament at the Oasis Golf Club near Cincinnati, Ohio. For the fourth consecutive year, the tournament will benefit the United Fresh Start Foundation’s programs and activities to increase children’s access to fresh fruits and vegetables, including the foundation’s successful school salad bar program.
“We’re looking forward to another successful event, working with the founders of the Tip Murphy Golf Tournament,” said Tom Stenzel, President & CEO, United Fresh Produce Association. “This summertime outing, provides an excellent opportunity to get together with produce friends and colleagues in the Midwest, and to support the great work of the United Fresh Start Foundation and our mission to increase children’s access to fresh produce.”
Proceeds from the previous years’ events have provided salad bars to 16 schools, and have supported school foodservice outreach and salad bar media and promotional activities.
The Tip Murphy Legacy Golf Tournament was developed in 2009 to honor the life and career of Terrence "Tip" Murphy, a 15-year veteran of the produce industry. Tip was Division Vice President of Retail Sales for Ready Pac Foods when he passed unexpectedly in July 2008 at age 48. His career also included 13 years with Chiquita Brands International.
The Oasis Golf Club is Tip’s hometown course and features a championship, links style, par 72, 18-hole golf course designed by Arnold Palmer. Registration is $350/golfer; $1,400/foursome and includes lunch, 18 holes with cart, contest holes, including closet-to-the-pin and longest drive, and an awards reception. Attendees can register as an individual or team.
Publication date: 5/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: