Job offersmore »
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
- Nutritional difference between red and green apples
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL PINEAPPLE MARKET
- South Africa: perfect storm of climatic conditions caused Navel splitting
- Overview of CPMA awards for industry leaders and new products
- Argentina unable to export fruit to China due to lack of quality and high logistical costs
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
France: Del Monte’s new fresh cut fruit line at Rungis
To fulfil increasing demand, Del Monte has opened a fresh cut food studio in their Rungis warehouse. Fresh cut fruit is increasing in popularity in France with sales quadrupling over the last six years. Del Monte is a leading specialist, notably in tropical fruits such as pineapples and bananas, but also melons, grapes, citrus fruit, apples and mangoes.
Del Monte was already active in the fresh cut market in the USA, Japan, Korea, the UK, the UAE and Saudi Arabia with almost 20 factories when they arrived in France in 2012 and set up a warehouse and ripening station in 2014. The warehouse and ripening station have a 27,000 ton annual banana capacity and can store 500 palettes of pineapples and other tropical fruits. Del Monte confirmed their ambitions for the fresh cut fruit market, which is expected to greatly increase, by setting up a 700m2 fresh cut studio in 2016. In the studio the fruits are washed, peeled, cut and packaged.
The company also has big ambitions in the out-of-home catering sector, which already represents 10-12% of their sales.
Publication date: 5/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: