Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
France: Del Monte’s new fresh cut fruit line at Rungis
To fulfil increasing demand, Del Monte has opened a fresh cut food studio in their Rungis warehouse. Fresh cut fruit is increasing in popularity in France with sales quadrupling over the last six years. Del Monte is a leading specialist, notably in tropical fruits such as pineapples and bananas, but also melons, grapes, citrus fruit, apples and mangoes.
Del Monte was already active in the fresh cut market in the USA, Japan, Korea, the UK, the UAE and Saudi Arabia with almost 20 factories when they arrived in France in 2012 and set up a warehouse and ripening station in 2014. The warehouse and ripening station have a 27,000 ton annual banana capacity and can store 500 palettes of pineapples and other tropical fruits. Del Monte confirmed their ambitions for the fresh cut fruit market, which is expected to greatly increase, by setting up a 700m2 fresh cut studio in 2016. In the studio the fruits are washed, peeled, cut and packaged.
The company also has big ambitions in the out-of-home catering sector, which already represents 10-12% of their sales.
Publication date: 5/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: