Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
J&J Family of Farms forms partnership with Little River Produce
J&J Family of Farms is pleased to announce a new partnership with Little River Produce. The strategic alliance will allow J&J Family of Farms to continue working with recognized and dedicated farmers to facilitate their expanded distribution across North America.
Little River Produce is located in Lake Park, Georgia. The family-owned farm has been with the Ritter family for over 150 years. Fifty years ago, Devane and Mary Lou Ritter began farming produce on just 20 acres of land. Today, with their son Dee at the helm, they have expanded to almost 1,000 acres of annual production to grow high quality bell peppers, green zucchini squash, yellow squash, eggplant, cucumbers, specialty peppers, and sweet potatoes. With the new partnership, J&J Family of Farms and Little River Produce will continue to diversify production to meet J&J Family of Farms’ customers’ needs.
Brian Rayfield and Dee Ritter in Little River's first field of peppers, scheduled to harvest today
“This partnership allows J&J to deliver incremental value and service to our customers. We take pride in our relationships with our growers, who are key to the success of our business. Long-time farming families, like the Ritters, share the same values that we do in food safety and social responsibility, and that is imperative as we expand with grower partners,” said Lynn Rundle, Chairman of the Board and CEO of J&J Family of Farms.
Little River farm in Lake Park, Georgia
“We are excited to be entering in to our new relationship with J&J Family of Farms. We feel that this will support our desire for growth and that J&J will bring a greater diversity to our marketing mind set,” said Dee Ritter, owner of Little River Produce. “Our family's agriculture history, perseverance, sacrifice and hard work is what makes Little River Produce what it is today!”
“The Ritters are highly regarded amongst the Georgia farming community,” said Brian Rayfield, VP of Business Development. “We are excited about our partnership with the Dee and his family and look forward to taking our relationship to the next level.”
J&J Family of Farms
Publication date: 5/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: