Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Produce company appoints General Manager
Market Source is pleased to announce that produce expert Silvia Franco has joined the team as General Manager of the McAllen, Texas operation. Ms. Franco brings savvy and proficiency to international sourcing as well as domestic produce logistics. In addition to a variety of leadership responsibilities, Ms. Franco’s duties at Market Source will include supplier relationships, procurement, sales and logistics.
“We are extremely pleased to have Silvia leading the Market Source team bringing with her over 25 years of produce industry knowledge,” stated Paul Schulz, Sales and Marketing Director for Maglio.
Originally from Florida, Ms. Franco grew up on farms from Florida to Texas and has seen every aspect of the produce supply chain. This perspective has helped her become adept in planning, developing and implementing produce strategy and exceeding client expectations.
“We are looking to expand the produce offerings through Market Source,” said Ms. Franco. “I am excited about the technology used here, because it will help me better serve the customers in today’s produce world.”
Market Source, a division of Maglio Companies, is a direct line between growers of fresh fruits and vegetables to users in the retail, foodservice and industrial segments. The McAllen-based team focuses primarily on products imported from Mexico.
Publication date: 11/25/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: