Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Produce company appoints General Manager
Market Source is pleased to announce that produce expert Silvia Franco has joined the team as General Manager of the McAllen, Texas operation. Ms. Franco brings savvy and proficiency to international sourcing as well as domestic produce logistics. In addition to a variety of leadership responsibilities, Ms. Franco’s duties at Market Source will include supplier relationships, procurement, sales and logistics.
“We are extremely pleased to have Silvia leading the Market Source team bringing with her over 25 years of produce industry knowledge,” stated Paul Schulz, Sales and Marketing Director for Maglio.
Originally from Florida, Ms. Franco grew up on farms from Florida to Texas and has seen every aspect of the produce supply chain. This perspective has helped her become adept in planning, developing and implementing produce strategy and exceeding client expectations.
“We are looking to expand the produce offerings through Market Source,” said Ms. Franco. “I am excited about the technology used here, because it will help me better serve the customers in today’s produce world.”
Market Source, a division of Maglio Companies, is a direct line between growers of fresh fruits and vegetables to users in the retail, foodservice and industrial segments. The McAllen-based team focuses primarily on products imported from Mexico.
Publication date: 11/25/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: