Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
From Windset Farms
Costco Japan receives first shipment of Canadian peppersLast week, Canada gained market access for British Columbia greenhouse peppers into Japan. Windset Farms was the first company to ship fresh bell peppers. The consignment was successfully cleared at customs by the Japanese Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries over the weekend and is now in stores at Costco Japan in Kanagawa, ready for sale.
Windset Farms Maestro Sweet Bell Peppers received at Costco Japan warehouse. Pictured with Ken Theriault (Costco Country Manager Japan) and Karra-Lee Gerrits (Trade Commission of the Government of Canada)
This process for gaining market access has been over 25 years in the making between the Canadian and Japanese government bodies. “The Government of Canada continues to work to create new opportunities for Canadian farmers and agri-food exporters in key markets all over the world,” says Lawrence MacAulay, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food (Canada). “I am pleased that producers can start exporting B.C. greenhouse peppers to Japan,” he adds.
Windset Farms Maestro Sweet Bell Peppers received at Costco Japan warehouse. Pictured Costco Japan and Government of Canada officials.
Costco Japan will be the first company to receive Canadian peppers. They opened their first warehouse in Japan in 1999, and have since expanded to 25 warehouses. Costco Japan has been at the forefront of retail innovation in Japan, bringing in the concept of wholesale and now, importing the first shipment of Canadian bell peppers.
Windset Farms Maestro Sweet Bell Peppers received at Costco Japan warehouse in Kanagawa.
For more information:
Delta BC V4K 3N2
Phone: (604) 940-7700
Fax: (604) 940-7711
Publication date: 10/4/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: