Job offersmore »
- International Trial Coordinator - Netherlands
- Gärtner Bio-Gemüsebau - Austria
- Quality Systems Manager – Auckland, New Zealand
- Chief Strategy Officer – Amman, Jordan
- Senior Account Executive - North America
- Gestionnaire de comptes pour l'Europe du Sud - Netherlands
- Senior Vegetable Production Manager – Homestead Farms, Inc, Millington, MD, USA
- Sales Consultant – Eastern US Territory
- Teeltverantwoordelijke - Oostnieuwkerke, België
- Projectleider Techniek Kassenbouw - The Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Belgian strawberry harvesting robot to enter greenhouses next year
- “Year round supply of berries from Portugal, Spain and Morocco”
- Lidl 'prepares for Australia' | Aldi UK invests 300m, focusing on fresh
- Russia lifts boycott on Turkey and Egypt
- “Strange blueberry season ends with skyrocketing prices”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
World's largest temp-controlled warehousing and logistics providers
Publication date: 7/7/2016
The International Association of Refrigerated Warehouses (IARW) has released its annual Global Top 25 List of the largest temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics providers in the world. Accompanying the Global Top 25 is the IARW North American Top 25 List. IARW has also compiled a list of the largest operators in Latin America and the Caribbean and Europe, reflecting the strength of the cold chain in both regions. The lists are determined by total capacity of temperature-controlled space.
Companies worldwide reported increased capacity and several new companies joined IARW in the past year. As a result, the combined space of IARW total membership is significantly higher.
IARW members currently own or operate 4.96 billion cubic feet (140.50) million cubic meters) – a 4.88% increase from May 2015 when the lists were last published.
The Global Top 25 currently operates 3.86 billion cubic feet (109.57 million cubic meters) – an 8.13% increase from 2015. The North American Top 25 operates 3.03 billion cubic feet (86.01 million cubic meters) – an 8.15% increase from 2015. The European Top 10 operates 568.72 million cubic feet (16.1 million cubic meters). The Latin American Top 20 operates 249.3 million cubic feet (7.05 million cubic meters).
"The increase in capacity reflects continued consolidation and growth of the global cold chain industry," said IARW President & CEO Corey Rosenbusch. "As our members expand into non-traditional sectors such as fresh and customized supply chain services, capacity will steadily increase."
IARW represents over 1,190 temperature-controlled facilities across 60 countries. IARW warehouse members offer a range of logistics solutions, including storage, transportation, processing, blast freezing, exports, and more. A complete listing of all IARW warehouse members can be found in the Global Cold Chain Directory, which is available for free online or as a mobile app. For more information, visit www.gcca.org/directory.
To see online lists of the world's largest temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics providers, click here.
For more information:
Tel: +1 703 373 4300 ext. 201
Publication date: 7/7/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: