- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Patate Serena for MMR, Markets and Horeca
- Turkey: Grower in Antalya switches from tomato and pepper to dragon fruit
- Romania: Fruit and vegetables imports worth €783 million in H1
- From knife and boots to the excitement of the greenhouse
- New Zealand growers frustrated by 'complex' fuel tax rebate system
Top 5 -last week
First seafreight Ataulfo mangoes to UK
Robert Cullum from the company said, "We are bringing Ataulfo Mango, normally an airfreight variety, by sea. This is a difficult process to manage but after several years of tests we are now more confident with the correct maturity at harvest to enable us to ripen in the UK," he explains.
The Ataulfo mango is a smaller super sweet / fragrant variety, hugely popular in Mexico and the USA, which has not really made its way to Europe in any volume due mainly to the prohibitive cost of airfreight.
Pacific Produce have now been able to overcome that problem, partly due to a faster shipping service and perfecting the harvest time of the fruit.
"The result is an extremely tasty mango with a reasonable price level which would normally only be available at very high air prices," explains Cullum. Compared to the airfreighted fruit this is nearly half the price.
Pacific Produce are half way through a 4 week season with sales concluding in the Christmas week. They will ship 1 container per week at this stage.
As for demand, Cullum said that this is a new product so they are not to sure but, he says from a personal point of view if you eat one of these it is easy to become addicted.
In addition to the Ataulfo, Pacific Produce have Tommy and Haden from Peru and are waiting for the Kent which will be late this year.
For more information:
+44 (0) 1865877801
+44 (0) 7554880327
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-20 Where Australian mangoes cost up to $185
- 2018-11-20 India: Ratnagiri Alphonsos arrive three months early
- 2018-11-20 Semil-34 variety exported most to international market
- 2018-11-19 Kenyan farm scores with tree tomato juice
- 2018-11-16 Singapore durian prices dropping and expected to dip further
- 2018-11-16 Costa Rica dominates pineapple market
- 2018-11-15 Mexican avocado growers resume harvest
- 2018-11-13 "Chinese mango import from Pakistan will be doubled by next year"
- 2018-11-13 India starts importing mangoes from Malawi
- 2018-11-12 In Ghana to find commercial partners
- 2018-11-09 Morrisons to sell giant 1kg avocado that weighs the same as an EMU EGG
- 2018-11-08 Mexico: Michoacán avocado strike costs 85 million pesos a day
- 2018-11-07 Change desperately needed on unhealthy pineapple market
- 2018-11-07 A company with 350 hectares of pineapples in Ghana.
- 2018-11-07 "When there is Hass avocado in the market, it's difficult to sell Bacon and Fuerte"
- 2018-11-07 Colombia has the most scale insects recorded on avocado worldwide
- 2018-11-07 "Main increase is in greenskin varieties"
- 2018-11-06 Chinese phytosanitary experts visit pineapple plantations in Panama
- 2018-11-06 The avocado: Today's problem crop
- 2018-11-05 Panama exports 6,400 boxes of MD-2 pineapples to Turkey