Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
In conjunction with new ginger harvest celebration
I Love Produce donates $13,440 to local Peru village schoolI Love Produce, a pioneer in importation of Organic Ginger from Peru took part in a new harvest celebration and ceremony to commemorate their donation of $13,440 to the local village school called the "ANTONIO RAYMONDI" secondary school. The school donation program was initiated by I Love Produce to give back to the local native Asháninka Community of Churingaveni where the ginger is from. The Asháninkas are the second largest indigenous group living in the rainforests of Peru with a culture that dates back to the time of the Incas.
“The Asháninka rainforest area is one of the most remote places I have ever travelled,” said Jim Provost, President of I Love Produce. “A trip there requires a 10 hour flight to Lima, a 12 hour bus ride from the capital to the village and then a perilous river crossing by raft to reach the school. Because of the remoteness of the area, the school lacks many of the resources we take for granted. Our aim is to form a lasting relationship with the school so we can make a difference to their kids on a long-term basis”.
The school donation program we set up with I Love Produce’s ginger supplier, Rainforest Organic., The money from this project will support the school library, computer room and other facilities, said School Director Jaime Fernández Yoni Cave of Antonio Raymond School. “For the children this project is a-dream-come-true”. The harvest ceremony included local traditional clothing, dancing, singing, a feast of local food and drink followed by a spirited game of basketball.
A movie of the event can be viewed on the company website www.iLoveProduce.com.
Publication date: 7/29/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: