- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- How record rainfall is impacting California’s strawberries
- Europe undersupplied with stonefruit
- It’s time for dragon fruit to transition to mainstream
- “Onion production is about 60 per cent lower, demand is strong”
- New Zealand apples and pears available, Chilean stone fruits entered the peak of arrival
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
- “Fruit industry in the Eastern Cape is facing a perfect storm”
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- Durian smell forces Turkish Airlines flight to turn back
Peru projects $260m in business deals for fruit & veg sector from PMA
The Peruvian delegation, made up of over 80 companies in the fruit and vegetable sector, saw a very successful three-days at the PMA Fresh Summit with over a US$260 millions projection in sales orders, according to official sources from the Peru Export and Tourism Promotion Board, PROMPERÚ.
Peru showcased blueberries, avocados, mandarins, mangos, asparagus, pomegranates and grapes. Attendees were also treated to culinary tastings by Peruvian chefs made with the featured super foods like: mango pisco sour and blueberry mousse with toasted quinoa. In addition, the offerings served ceviche, causa, anticuchos, etc.
“This fair, as a platform, showed us that North America is still a very important market for our export offer. The interesting thing is that this time we brought our newest offer: fresh super foods and other product presentations. More than 700 commercial contacts were made and we saw a closer approach to retail."
"We are very pleased to have surpassed the projections we had to reach the $250 million in sales with the products we showcased and our challenge now is to continue identifying new business opportunities and distribution channels within the North American market,” said Victor Sarabia, spokesperson and Director of the Agribusiness Department for PROMPERÚ.
Among one the most important announcements were the one made by Rodolfo Pacheco, President of ProGranada, regarding Peru’s recently completed first campaign of whole, fresh pomegranate exports to the United States. The country could only export the arils before.
This represents an opportunity for the pomegranate’s growth and the country expects a dramatic increase in the exports over the next campaigns.
Representatives of the different super foods sectors received buyers, companies and investors from all over the world –countries like China, South Korea, Taiwan, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina, United Kingdom and United States– in Peru’s 1080-sq.ft. stand for over 700 hundred business meetings.
Among the products showcased during the fair, there was a great demand for mandarins and grapes, but the growing sector of the Peruvian avocado was also one of the main highlights. Almost 40% of Peru’s fresh produce export campaigns to the United States are negotiated during the PMA Fresh Summit, which represents a 45% of the fresh produce export campaigns worldwide.
For more information:
SUPER FOODS PERU
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-10-31 Peru projects $260m in business deals for fruit & veg sector from PMA
- 2017-10-31 "Our momentum continues to move forward"
- 2017-10-30 Fresh Summit exhibitors donate more than 312,000 pounds of fresh produce
- 2017-10-27 Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers' JUICI™ apple sees increased US interest
- 2017-10-26 Jin Ju Wilder ‘humbled & eager’ to lead 2017-2018 PMA Board of Directors
- 2017-10-25 Innovations at PMA: American growers get extra value from their product
- 2017-10-24 Fresh Summit exhibitors earn honors
- 2017-10-20 Emerson launches new brand and shipment tracking app
- 2017-10-20 Preparing for new leadership West Pak Avocado debuts new campaign
- 2017-10-20 Children given final call on Sensory Experience Contest winners at PMA
- 2017-10-19 Sunkist citrus season begins at 2017 PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Guatemala will showcase its agricultural exports at the PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Seasonal quartet of juices featured at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Oneonta’s JUICI™ apple to show star power at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Guatemala increases number of delegates by 75% to 80 members
- 2017-10-18 Wonderful Brands unite at PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-18 Fox Solutions™ modifies pouch bagger to accommodate tree fruit
- 2017-10-17 Farmer’s Best exhibits for 21st year at Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-17 New veggies rooted in freshness
- 2017-10-17 Autumn Glory is making its annual debut at PMA Fresh Summit