- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- How record rainfall is impacting California’s strawberries
- Europe undersupplied with stonefruit
- It’s time for dragon fruit to transition to mainstream
- “Onion production is about 60 per cent lower, demand is strong”
- New Zealand apples and pears available, Chilean stone fruits entered the peak of arrival
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
- “Fruit industry in the Eastern Cape is facing a perfect storm”
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- Durian smell forces Turkish Airlines flight to turn back
Preparing for new leadership West Pak Avocado debuts new campaign
West Pak Avocado, of Murrieta, California has announced the launch of The Avocado Family, a digital campaign for the global packer, shipper, and distributor of avocados.
As West Pak founders, Randy Shoup and Galen Newhouse are preparing to retire, they will hand the reins of the company over to CEO Mario Pacheco, a former executive with Chiquita Banana. The campaign will serve as a foundation for carrying on their legacy.
The goal is to continue the company’s commitment to growing industry relationships, new ventures in global markets, industry innovation, and continued branding for the avocado, under the new management. The full transition in administration is set to take effect in early 2018.
To kick off The Avocado Family campaign, West Pak will introduce a new website (www.theavocadofamily.com) and a mini-documentary video that will detail the organization’s humble beginnings, current innovation, and key stakeholders.
The trailer for the video and a microsite will debut in time for the Produce Marketing Association (PMA) Fresh Summit in New Orleans on October 20-21, 2017 with a full launch slated for January 2018.
During PMA, West Pak will be exhibiting in booth #5319 visitors can see the new campaign. Attendees can also snap a picture at the booth, share on social media using the hashtag #TheAvocadoFamily, and enter the Home Sweet Avo drawing for a chance to win avocado prizes.
Co-founder Randy Shoup chimed in, “We’ve been blessed to have good performance in business, but the true blessing is our people; Those who contribute and take ownership in what they do as if it was their own. The Avocado Family campaign will be a part of the legacy that we leave our team, part of our family for the past 35 years, and the foundation for the values that they will carry forward.”
For more information:
West Pak Avocado
Tel: +1 951 296 5757
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-10-31 Peru projects $260m in business deals for fruit & veg sector from PMA
- 2017-10-31 "Our momentum continues to move forward"
- 2017-10-30 Fresh Summit exhibitors donate more than 312,000 pounds of fresh produce
- 2017-10-27 Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers' JUICI™ apple sees increased US interest
- 2017-10-26 Jin Ju Wilder ‘humbled & eager’ to lead 2017-2018 PMA Board of Directors
- 2017-10-25 Innovations at PMA: American growers get extra value from their product
- 2017-10-24 Fresh Summit exhibitors earn honors
- 2017-10-20 Emerson launches new brand and shipment tracking app
- 2017-10-20 Preparing for new leadership West Pak Avocado debuts new campaign
- 2017-10-20 Children given final call on Sensory Experience Contest winners at PMA
- 2017-10-19 Sunkist citrus season begins at 2017 PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Guatemala will showcase its agricultural exports at the PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Seasonal quartet of juices featured at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Oneonta’s JUICI™ apple to show star power at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Guatemala increases number of delegates by 75% to 80 members
- 2017-10-18 Wonderful Brands unite at PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-18 Fox Solutions™ modifies pouch bagger to accommodate tree fruit
- 2017-10-17 Farmer’s Best exhibits for 21st year at Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-17 New veggies rooted in freshness
- 2017-10-17 Autumn Glory is making its annual debut at PMA Fresh Summit