- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- How record rainfall is impacting California’s strawberries
- Europe undersupplied with stonefruit
- It’s time for dragon fruit to transition to mainstream
- “Onion production is about 60 per cent lower, demand is strong”
- New Zealand apples and pears available, Chilean stone fruits entered the peak of arrival
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
- “Fruit industry in the Eastern Cape is facing a perfect storm”
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- Durian smell forces Turkish Airlines flight to turn back
Farmer’s Best exhibits for 21st year at Fresh Summit
Farmer’s Best is set to exhibit at the Produce Marketing Association (PMA) Fresh Summit Conference and Expo for the 21st consecutive year. This year’s trade show will take place at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans.
The Farmer’s Best team will be busy discussing a number of topics with current and potential clients during the event. Highlights include Farmer’s Best products, its four core commitments of food safety, quality, reliability and sustainability, its social responsibility programs and major land expansion in San Luis Potosí.
This expansion is certainly the biggest news of 2017 for the 51-year old company. After years of seasonally-based supply, San Luis Potosí improvements increased the availability of three key Farmer’s Best products: cucumbers, Roma tomatoes and green bell peppers.
The larger growing operations and practices now allow for growing and distribution of all three in-demand products throughout the summer season as well as its traditional winter production. Bell pepper production has also improved with upgraded technology like a new sorting machine.
Farmer’s Best general manager Leonardo Tarriba (left) and vice president of sales and marketing Steve Yubeta (right) will be onsite at the company’s PMA Fresh Summit booth in New Orleans.
“We are certainly very excited about what’s been taking place lately here at Farmer’s Best,” said Leonardo Tarriba, general manager of Farmer’s Best. “PMA Fresh Summit is one of the most important industry events that we attend during the year. It’s such an ideal opportunity to meet with our great partners, distributors and clients as well as getting to know new potential clients.”
Farmer’s Best team members, including Tarriba along with vice president of sales and marketing Steve Yubeta and others, will be available to greet attendees at booth number 1057 during PMA Fresh Summit.
“If you are at the show, we’d love to talk with you,” said Yubeta. “It’s such a productive trade show and we are eager to share news about all the good things that are happening with Farmer’s Best. Make sure that you drop by and say ‘hello’ to us.”
Farmer’s Best fruits and vegetables are all grown in Mexico and distributed from its centers in Nogales, Ariz. and McAllen, Texas to the United States and Canada. The company incorporates sustainable practices throughout all its growing, harvesting, packing and shipping operations. These include reclaimed water programs, among other things, and the company’s primary focus on food safety and providing quality produce for the market.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-10-31 Peru projects $260m in business deals for fruit & veg sector from PMA
- 2017-10-31 "Our momentum continues to move forward"
- 2017-10-30 Fresh Summit exhibitors donate more than 312,000 pounds of fresh produce
- 2017-10-27 Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers' JUICI™ apple sees increased US interest
- 2017-10-26 Jin Ju Wilder ‘humbled & eager’ to lead 2017-2018 PMA Board of Directors
- 2017-10-25 Innovations at PMA: American growers get extra value from their product
- 2017-10-24 Fresh Summit exhibitors earn honors
- 2017-10-20 Emerson launches new brand and shipment tracking app
- 2017-10-20 Preparing for new leadership West Pak Avocado debuts new campaign
- 2017-10-20 Children given final call on Sensory Experience Contest winners at PMA
- 2017-10-19 Sunkist citrus season begins at 2017 PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Guatemala will showcase its agricultural exports at the PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Seasonal quartet of juices featured at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Oneonta’s JUICI™ apple to show star power at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Guatemala increases number of delegates by 75% to 80 members
- 2017-10-18 Wonderful Brands unite at PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-18 Fox Solutions™ modifies pouch bagger to accommodate tree fruit
- 2017-10-17 Farmer’s Best exhibits for 21st year at Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-17 New veggies rooted in freshness
- 2017-10-17 Autumn Glory is making its annual debut at PMA Fresh Summit