Germany: Onion Forum from 18 - 19 January 2018 in Peine
The onion forum, which was organized for the third time by the Agrarmarkt Informations-Gesellschaft and the Rheinischer Landwirtschafts-Verlag, will take place at the beginning of next year, for the first time in the conveniently located town of Peine.
With everything revolving around onions for two days -on January 18 and 19 2018-, hardly any aspects relating to the cultivation and marketing of the third most popular vegetable among German consumers after tomatoes and carrots will remain unexplained: the assortment and market development both at home and abroad will be discussed, and the views of the food retail trade on onion marketing will not be lacking.
Thursday, January 18, 2018
- Opening - Hans-Christoph Behr, www.ami-informiert.de
- Welcome - Clemens Frhr. von Eerde, President Association German Food Onions eV., www.deutsche-zwiebel.de
1. Creating growth conditions
- The foundation is ... the soil - Chris van Laarhoven - www.HortiNova.nl
- Efficient watering in the field - Andreas Meyer, www.lwk-niedersachsen.de
- Drip irrigation for onions - Peter Grauert, www.concepa.de
- Soil improvements: hype or hope? - Gera van Os, www.aereshogeschool.nl
15:00 hours coffee break
2. Market and Marketing
- Will imports soon be superfluous? - Sonja Illert, www.ami-informiert.de
- Onion marketing from the point of view of the retail trade - Frank Froböse, Bünting Einkauf u. Logistics, www.buenting.de
- Taking you defeats seriously, celebrating success - Kathrin Längert, www.datencenter.dfb.de/profil/58507
19:30 hours Industry get-together
Friday, January 19, 2018
3. Practice on site
- Company visit Albert Elligsen Landhandel GmbH, Wendesser Landstrasse 47, 31228 Peine www.elligsen-landhandel.de
10:30 hours Coffee break
4. Using optimization potential
- Drying is the foundation of successful onion storage - Johan Nijssen, www.agrofocus.com
- Aqua.store: Experiences from 2017 - Marcel Thieron, www.aquaagrar.com
- Which lots to market first? - Tom van der Meulen, www.nsure.nl
- Controlled traffi c farming in onions - Hans Henrik Pedersen, www.ctfeurope.dk
- Final remarks - Tim Jacobsen, www.gb-profi .de
And finally: communal lunch.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/10/2018
© 2018 FreshPlaza. All rights reserved.