Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Banana exports from the Dominican Republic dropped by 75% last year
- Produce heavyweight Hein Deprez buys Hollands largest organic pepper grower
- Around Noon expands in the UK with Chef in a Box acquisition
- New labs and opportunities for NatureSeal in Europe
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Valencia prefers cooperation in promoting the artichoke.
The Ministry, the region of Vega Baja, and more specifically the town of Almoradi, together with several corporations, has agreed to a joint venture in promoting the artichoke. Header will be a collective called ‘Alcachofa de la Vega Baja del Segura’.
Parties joining the collective expect to stand out in the artichoke market.
Marta Valsangiacomo, director-general of Empresas Agroalimentarias y Desarrollo Rural, states that a joint advertising campaign will add goodwill to an already popular market. Also, it is expected to save money for participating members.
Those members will project a uniform image, while hanging on to their separate brand names. All participants of the ‘Alcachofa de la Vega Baja del Segura’ collective, be it producers, exporters, growers or even public institutions, will profit from the initiative. The collective will also serve as a seal of approval, watching over the high standards of those who join.
The artichoke of the Vega BajaThe artichoke of the Vega Baja is the main farming product and known for its high quality. Over 50% of Vega Bajas cultivation is entirely devoted to the artichoke. This yields to 80% of the total produce in the Alicante Province. Last year, Valencia saw an output of 44.400 tons.
Publication date: 7/19/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: