Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Florida fruit growers sour over NAFTA as production continues falling
- "Quality for us starts more than 12 months before the crop is even harvested"
- “Give us 1.20 dollar more per box”
- First Colombian Hass avocado shipment makes its way to Port Long Beach, US
- Fruit becoming scarcer in growing world market
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Valencia prefers cooperation in promoting the artichoke.
The Ministry, the region of Vega Baja, and more specifically the town of Almoradi, together with several corporations, has agreed to a joint venture in promoting the artichoke. Header will be a collective called ‘Alcachofa de la Vega Baja del Segura’.
Parties joining the collective expect to stand out in the artichoke market.
Marta Valsangiacomo, director-general of Empresas Agroalimentarias y Desarrollo Rural, states that a joint advertising campaign will add goodwill to an already popular market. Also, it is expected to save money for participating members.
Those members will project a uniform image, while hanging on to their separate brand names. All participants of the ‘Alcachofa de la Vega Baja del Segura’ collective, be it producers, exporters, growers or even public institutions, will profit from the initiative. The collective will also serve as a seal of approval, watching over the high standards of those who join.
The artichoke of the Vega BajaThe artichoke of the Vega Baja is the main farming product and known for its high quality. Over 50% of Vega Bajas cultivation is entirely devoted to the artichoke. This yields to 80% of the total produce in the Alicante Province. Last year, Valencia saw an output of 44.400 tons.
Publication date: 7/19/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: