Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
- Nutritional difference between red and green apples
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL PINEAPPLE MARKET
- South Africa: perfect storm of climatic conditions caused Navel splitting
- Overview of CPMA awards for industry leaders and new products
- Argentina unable to export fruit to China due to lack of quality and high logistical costs
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Enza Zaden opens first LEED certified buildingWith the official opening of its new LEED certified research facility in San Juan Bautista, vegetable seed company Enza Zaden is putting another significant stake in the ground as a green business.
"There’s a strong environmental focus to how we run our business. Completion of the new LEED certified research facility is a great complement to that focus, and an opportunity for us to ensure that sustainability and innovation are mainstays in our long term strategic plan," said Ronald Welten, Breeding Station Manager, Enza Zaden Research USA.
"Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design," or LEED, is the recognized international standard for the design, construction and operation practices of high performance green buildings. Companies that pursue LEED certification typically have well-established environmental programs that play a key role in operations and long term growth. With Enza Zaden offering leading conventional and organic programs in a wide assortment of vegetables and culinary herbs, a LEED certified research facility, where each feature and functionality has been purposefully designed in accordance with measurable solutions is appropriate: green products created in a green building.
Operational since November 2011 with approximately 20 employees, last week’s official opening on Thursday, May 24th was attended by the media and representatives of all Enza Zaden teams, including board members Joep Lambalk, Director of Research and Development, and Hein Bemelmans, Director of Marketing and Sales. Numerous government officials and community members were also present for the inauguration.
"Among our goals in building this facility, which focuses on genetics and post-harvest shelf life research, is to enhance opportunities to share insights and best practices between research and marketing and sales, and in doing so, to steadily improve our ability to deliver ongoing added value to our customers," said Ton van der Velden, President and CEO, Enza Zaden North America.
The facility is one of 20 Enza Zaden research stations around the globe.
Publication date: 6/7/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: