Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Greenhouses involve a great investment, but yield good results"
- Argentina: Mendoza shipments to Brazil are delayed by the crisis
- Andres Ribas, Vientosur: “A good citrus import-season expected in Europe”
- “We use sustainable development goals and are producing healthy food”
- Edible ink allows invisible label printing on fruit
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Eating watermelon can reduce heart riskEating watermelon can lower blood pressure and protects you from pre-hypertension the main cause of heart attack, researchers say. Watermelon is not only consumed good when you’re thirsty, because the sweet taste and high water content, but also because the nutrients are abundant. The fruit is rich in compounds that proved able to dilate blood vessels and may reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke, The Telegraph Reported.
In a study by scientists, an amino acid found in watermelon improve the performance of the arteries and reduces blood pressure in about one in nine patients with pre-hypertension. You might have to take the L-arginine, an amino acid essential for maintaining healthy blood pressure, as a supplement. However, these supplements to some adults have adverse effects such asnausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Instead, the researchers found no adverse effects of respondents who ate watermelon. The fruit even store other nutrients such as vitamins A, B6, C, fiber, potassium and lycopene, a powerful antioxidant.
Publication date: 5/24/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: