Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Retail sales fall as double dip recession hits consumer confidenceUK retail sales fell the most in more than a year last month as poor weather and consumer caution on spending curbed demand at stores.
Sales at stores open at least 12 months, measured by value, declined 3.3 percent from a year earlier, the London-based British Retail Consortium has reported. That’s the biggest monthly drop since March 2011. Including stores open less than 12 months, sales decreased 1 percent.
The sales slump was partly due to the weather. April registered the largest amount of rainfall for the month since records began in 1910, according to the U.K. Met Office. Sales a year earlier were boosted by the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
The BRC said that even taking these factors into account, the figures were "disappointing."
Publication date: 5/9/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: