Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indonesia reorganises horticultural imports licensingThe government of Indonesia is going to reorganize the issuance of permits for horticultural imports to maintain the competitiveness of local products. In the future, horticultural product importers will be subject to a quota by the government.
The quota policy was issued by the Agriculture Ministry on May 1.
The need for a horticultural import license has also been stipulated in a recent decree issued by the Agriculture Ministry in January this year.
The Agriculture Ministry decree will support the Trade Ministry decree in regulating imports. The decree, among others, stipulates that import licenses will not be issued without a recommendation from the Agriculture Ministry.
Agriculture Minister Suswono said the regulation was applicable, but the Trade Ministry was yet to issue any supporting policies. The regulations issued by the Trade Ministry are important because they are linked to the procedures for import licensing.
Publication date: 5/7/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: