Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Gilbane constructing $100 million Ocean Spray facilityGilbane Building Company, a leading construction management firm, announced today that it has been selected to provide Design Build/Construction Management services for a $100 million, 315,000 square foot manufacturing and bottling facility for Ocean Spray Cranberries, in Lehigh County, PA. Gilbane is partnered with TranSystems and Javlyn Engineering in this effort.
"It's an honor to be working with Ocean Spray on what will be a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility for North America's leading producer of bottled juices," says Greg Dunkle, Gilbane regional manager. "We share Ocean Spray's innovative spirit and look forward to a collaborative relationship on this groundbreaking project."
Located outside of Philadelphia, the facility will be built on a greenfield site and encompass raw material receiving and storage, beverage processing and packaging systems and other operations, as well as utilities systems and employee offices. The project will target LEED(R) Gold through the United States Green Building Council and the team will use a Lean facility process to minimize waste while maximizing efficiency.
"We are excited about partnering with Gilbane, clearly one of the leading construction firms in the U.S.," said Erich Fritz, Ocean Spray's Vice President of Manufacturing. "Leveraging TranSystems' food manufacturing design experience is a plus for this project. Javlyn Engineering is recognized in the beverage industry as a leading edge process design company and we are excited to be able to leverage their expertise in advanced blending and processing construction."
Publication date: 5/1/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: