Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: GM melon halts allergy it producesMelon is the second most likely food to cause allergic reactions in Spanish consumers, according to a study by the European Academy for Allergy. And it was in Spain that the medicine for that was found. Investigators from the Polytechnic of Madrid, in collaboration with other centers, developed a genetically modified melon.
Scientists developed a profilin (the protein responsible for the allergy to melon) modified melon that is able to stimulate the immune system to evolve to a non-allergic reaction.
This tool could also eliminate the secondary effects of immunotherapy that is, until now, the only treatment against allergies. Moreover, this variety could also be used in the treatment of allergies to several pollens.
Publication date: 5/1/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: