Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
New structure for Makro Spain and PortugalMetro Group has announced a new organizational structure for Makro Cash & Carry both in Spain and in Portugal. By 1 May both local head offices and its management will be integrated in a new central head quarters based in Madrid. José María Cervera, Country Manager of Makro Spain, will assume the general management of both countries.
Large parts of the administrative functions of Makro Portugal will be moved to Makro Spain and integrated into the new organization. The goal is to improve the competitiveness and to increase synergies between the two country organizations.
"This step will make both countries more forceful prospects", says Frans Muller, CEO of Metro Cash & Carry. Despite several countermeasures taken over the past years Makro Portugal did not reach performance targets. At the same time, the Portuguese store in Aveiro will be closed down.
Publication date: 4/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: