Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Chiquita releases Earth Day stickersTo mark the 42nd anniversary of Earth Day on April 22, Chiquita Brands is featuring special secondary stickers on Chiquita Organic bananas in addition to its iconic blue and yellow stickers. Throughout the month of April, these stickers can be found on bananas in the United States. Featured on the Earth Day stickers, consumers will find www.ChiquitaEarthDay.com, Chiquita's website highlighting the global sustainability efforts it has championed and its ongoing initiatives to reduce environmental impact.
"At Chiquita, we consider ourselves shareholders in global sustainability. For more than 20 years, it's been an important part of our Company and we know our consumers expect us to operate in sustainable ways," said Manuel Rodriguez, Chiquita's chief corporate responsibility officer. "From conserving our natural resources and protecting our ecosystem, global sustainability is one of our most important and passionate endeavors. Taste is not the only thing we care about at Chiquita."
With 100 percent of company-owned farms certified by the Rainforest Alliance and SA 8000, Chiquita continues to help lead the industry in improving social and environmental standards. The Company has also worked closely with other non-government organizations (NGOs), suppliers, employees and customers to create partner programs that make a positive impact to our environment such as the Nogal Nature & Community Project in Sarapiqui, Costa Rica and the San San Pond Sak Project in Panama. For more information on all of Chiquita's CSR efforts, please visit: www.chiquitacsr.com.
For more information:
Tel: +1 704-280-5938
Tel: +1 513-748-7507
Publication date: 4/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: