Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Chiquita releases Earth Day stickersTo mark the 42nd anniversary of Earth Day on April 22, Chiquita Brands is featuring special secondary stickers on Chiquita Organic bananas in addition to its iconic blue and yellow stickers. Throughout the month of April, these stickers can be found on bananas in the United States. Featured on the Earth Day stickers, consumers will find www.ChiquitaEarthDay.com, Chiquita's website highlighting the global sustainability efforts it has championed and its ongoing initiatives to reduce environmental impact.
"At Chiquita, we consider ourselves shareholders in global sustainability. For more than 20 years, it's been an important part of our Company and we know our consumers expect us to operate in sustainable ways," said Manuel Rodriguez, Chiquita's chief corporate responsibility officer. "From conserving our natural resources and protecting our ecosystem, global sustainability is one of our most important and passionate endeavors. Taste is not the only thing we care about at Chiquita."
With 100 percent of company-owned farms certified by the Rainforest Alliance and SA 8000, Chiquita continues to help lead the industry in improving social and environmental standards. The Company has also worked closely with other non-government organizations (NGOs), suppliers, employees and customers to create partner programs that make a positive impact to our environment such as the Nogal Nature & Community Project in Sarapiqui, Costa Rica and the San San Pond Sak Project in Panama. For more information on all of Chiquita's CSR efforts, please visit: www.chiquitacsr.com.
For more information:
Tel: +1 704-280-5938
Tel: +1 513-748-7507
Publication date: 4/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: