Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
NZ: Apple season stunted by cool SummerCooler conditions over summer have somewhat stunted the start of the apple season.
Pipfruit New Zealand Chairman, Ian Palmer says the outcome has been the fruit size being a bit smaller in the earlier part of the season but the latter varieties have been a lot better.
Right now he says the main problem is a shortage of labour to help with the picking, because of a bigger late season crop to harvest.
Mr Palmer says the overall outlook for growers is one of concern if the exchange rate continues to worsen.
Publication date: 4/18/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: